Tortang Dulong

 Torting doling is a delicious egg omelette made from silver fish, tomatoes and onions. Delicious with steamed rice for breakfast or any meal of the day!

In our house, I cook and clean the house while G is in charge of laundry and dishwashing. Have I ever told you how much I love this man?

In my opinion, there is nothing more sexy than the sight of a 6 foot 1 blue eyed man with utensils and pans for cleaning hot ass. It makes me weak in the knees, I tell you.

I hesitate. Coming back to my short story, I cooked a tortilla doling for my lunch yesterday. I took out the silver fish in a colander, transferred them to a bowl, and went upstairs for a minute to look for my prescription notes. I was halfway back when I heard a few silly noises that I can't repeat here.

It was as if my poor man had started washing all the dirty dishes in the sink, and he was fed up with the few stray fish that got stuck on the colander. He thought they were bugs!

Needless to say, I ate this fish omelette.


Cooking steps

This is a recipe I had to cook a few times before I got it right. In my first attempt, I mixed silver fish, fresh tomatoes, chopped green onions, and beaten eggs and pan-fried the mixture. It was a disaster! The omelette was very watery, and I couldn't turn it over without the royal mess. Also, as I added raw fish, it was difficult to make the eggs completely without overcooking.

In my second round, I decided to fry the dolong with onions, garlic and tomatoes and make sure I drained the excess liquid well. My tarta didn't separate much, but it was still hard to make strong patties.

I successfully quit making omelettes when, last weekend, I was standing in line at Seafood City to pay for my weekend groceries when I saw this lady with a minute fish container in front of me. Seen As the cashier rang her shopping bell, I hurriedly asked her how she could make them tortillas. "Pour the flour," he replied.

Ha! Why didn't I think of that? Significant because it works with eggs as a flour binder in Yokohama. Its tip worked like a charm.

How to serve and store

  • I like to enjoy fish patties with steamed okra, fried eggplant in a pan, steamed rice, and spicy vinegar for dipping. The best lunch or dinner combo ever!
  • They are just as delicious for breakfast with garlic fried rice and banana ketchup. A tasty and filling meal to start the day!
  • Store leftover air in closed containers and refrigerate for 3 days.
  • To reheat, heat a dry frying pan over medium heat until evenly heated. Place the tortillas in a layer and heat for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until warm. Or, reheat in the microwave for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.

Comments