Oven Roasted Pig’s Head

 You can easily make oven roast pork head in your kitchen! An attractive interior with extremely aged skin and moist, soft flesh, this Lichon Olo Ng Baby will definitely be the star of the party.



I made this roasted pork head for my holiday series on the blog last weekend but decided not to post it. But it was a success; I just wasn't happy with my last photo shot above.


I mean, it sounds like something you'll see in a horror movie, much more than what you would offer for Noche Buena.


However, I had already shared a picture of a pig's head on Instagram and everyone was asking for a recipe so I thought maybe I should post it too. After all, how beautiful can you possibly make Pig Snoot?



Now remembering these roasted pork, I can't believe I thought of not posting the recipe on the blog. What was i thinking Just look at the super crispy skin and moist flesh! Beautiful or not, this roasted pork head is sure to be the star of any holiday party!


I have used this lechon sa hurno technique on pig's stomach and shoulder with the best results and I am happy to see that it works well on pig's head too. The low and slow roasting method really makes the meat soft in your mouth for a wonderful melt.


Maybe one day I will find a small suckling pig that will fit in my oven. It will be an interesting experience.




How long does it take to roast a pig?

The head of the roast pig took a total of 6 hours, first to cook the meat slowly for 3 1/2 hours at 180 F, then at 320 F to start browning for 2 1/2 hours, and finally at 430 F. Up to 40 minutes To make the skin crisp. Please note that I have used half a pork head weighing about 5 pounds and if you are using whole or large pieces you will have to adjust the cooking time.


I recommend 25 to 30 minutes at 180 F temp and 25 to 30 minutes per 320 F temp for extra pounds of meat. If the ears are getting too brown, you can wrap them in foil.



How to serve and store

  • Enjoy this roasted pork as an appetizer with your favorite beverage or as an important dish with boiled rice. Cut into serving pieces and serve with spicy vinegar or lacon sauce such as dipping sauce.
  • Lacon is best enjoyed freshly baked as the skin loses its crispness over time. Turn the survivors into Sesag or Paxio!

Comments